воскресенье, 20 июля 2014 г.

Poems and Songs for Children : On the Farm

 Hello, dear readers!Today we'll read and learn some poems about farm animals. These poems can be also used for kids' thematic party.



To the Farm
Horses, donkeys, cows that moo,
Chickens, kittens, piglets too,
Fish that swim down in the pond,
Ducklings quacking all day long.
All these animals you can see
If you go to the farm with me. 
  







Farmyard
Little hen
feathered and red
pecking round for scraps of bread.
Little goat
fierce and white
thinks his rope is much too tight.
Little calf
soft and shy
peeking out with one brown eye.
Little cat
black and lean
crouching so he won't be seen.
Little pig
muddy and stout
trying hard to wriggle out.
Gail Gregory

 

The Chickens

Said the first little chicken, with a strange little squirm,
"I wish I could find a fat little worm."

"I wish I could find fat little bug."
Said the next little chicken, with an odd little shrug:
Said a third little chicken, with a small sigh of grief,
"I wish I could find a green little leaf!"
Said the fourth little chicken, with a faint little moan,
"I wish I could find a wee gravel stone."
"See here!" said the mother, from the green garden patch,
"If you want any breakfast, just come here and scratch!"

Duck
Duck in the water, quack, quack, quack!
Soft, white feathers on your back, back, back!
Duck in the water, splash and splish!
Dip in your bill and catch those fish!
Duck out of water, walk on land.
Your webbed feet make it hard to stand!
Waddle with your family, waddle in a pack.
Duck out of water, quack, quack, quack!
Meish Goldish
 

The Rooster

The farm is in a flurry.
The rooster caught the flu.
His cock-a-doodle-doo
Has changed to cock-a doodle-choo!

 

 

The Cow

Robert Louis Stevenson

The friendly cow all red and white,
I love with all my heart:
She gives me cream with all her might,
To eat with apple tart.
She wanders lowing here and there,
And yet she cannot stray,
All in the pleasant open air,
The pleasant light of day;
And blown by all the winds that pass
                                                    And wet with all the showers,
                                                    She walks among the meadow grass
                                                       And eats the meadow flowers.



Purple Cow
I have never seen a purple cow
I never hope to see one
But I can tell you anyhow,
I'd rather see, than be one.
Gelett Burgess 



                                                Pig
Behold the pig!
It's very big!
Its color pink
Is nice, I think!
Its tail's a beaut,
So curly cute!
And on the farm,
It oinks with charm!
                                         Meish Goldish 


Now, let's sing a song!


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий