суббота, 29 октября 2016 г.

Halloween Party at School

Hello everyone!
Glad to see you again! Are you ready for Halloween? We don't  traditionally  celebrate this day in our country, so it is one more possibility to get  some new information about  English-speaking countries.
First of all, poems. I'm sure ,the more poems our students know,the best results  in learning English (or any other language) they have . I like these poems and hope,you'll like them too. I have a  secret of learning poems: children memorise them quickly when we recite them with gesticulation!!!

Hallowe'en Parade

Five white ghosts and seven goblins,
Go parading down the street,
Boys and girls with funny faces,
Asking for a treat.


If a goblin rings my doorbell,
I will say "I'm not afraid!"
I will light my jack-o'lantern,
For the Hallowe'en parade.

I will give these scary people,
Apples, candy, cakes to eat;
Then I'll wave goodbye and watch them
As they march off down the street.

Trick or Treat

Witches, ghosts, and goblins.
Stealing down the street,
Knock on every door way,
Trick or treat!

When your door is opened,
This is what you meet,
Scary creatures shouting,
Trick or treat!


This year we're going to sing these songs. My youngest learners will sing "Who took the candy ", those who are 10-13   are crasy about " The Haunted House in Halloween Night!!! 





Every year I add some new words to my students' Halloween vocabulary.I always  use flashcards to memorise 20 or 25 words during a lesson. There are some games to help students to memorise new words : 
find the missing picture, 
touch the picturewhich is called by the teacher,
mime the picture you have got, 
match the words and the pictures, 
word volleyball ( a team game) and so on.

After this we work with worksheets. Here there are some of them for different groups. My kids like to colour the pictures  that's why I give them these black and white papers.







At the party we sing. dance, recite poems and play bobbing for apples . This is an amazing way to involve our students in studying English in a pleasant way!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий